Nord lock Washers

ciderman

I would like to highly recomend these clever little locking washers , Recently I had a few problems with crown wheel bolts working loose . Both diffs were originally built up , New ARB`s ,New 4.11 R&P`s , New bearings , seals and bolts .

Bolts were locked with Loctite 270 but after an inspection some months later every crown wheel bolt was finger tight on both diffs .

Sourced some clever little locking washers http://www.nord-lock.com/ Thanks for the tip Tony

Refitted with new bolts again and Loctite 270 . After three events the diffs were out again for a check and every bolt was at the correct torque still ( Well TBH I set the torque wrench just below the original setting to stop the loctite breaking away ) .

So a big up for Nord Lock . ;)

I would like to highly recomend these clever little locking washers , Recently I had a few problems with crown wheel bolts working loose . Both diffs were originally built up , New ARB`s ,New 4.11 R&P`s , New bearings , seals and bolts .

Bolts were locked with Loctite 270 but after an inspection some months later every crown wheel bolt was finger tight on both diffs .

Sourced some clever little locking washers http://www.nord-lock.com/ Thanks for the tip Tony

Refitted with new bolts again and Loctite 270 . After three events the diffs were out again for a check and every bolt was at the correct torque still ( Well TBH I set the torque wrench just below the original setting to stop the loctite breaking away ) .

So a big up for Nord Lock . ;)

I work on a chemical site and we have used them for about 3 years, they are worth there weight in gold :D

Al

Jase, where did you get them from, anywhere local?

I could have a problem with an exhaust mount bolt on my trail bike that I keep loosing due to it vibrating loose. Don't think loctite likes the heat.

I picked them up from the supplier , Tidworth ,Hampshire , Well I was only working over the road so it seemed rude not to .

Sorry , Wiltshire , Well its near the border .

NORD-LOCK Ltd.

Room 9, Main Building, Aspire Business Centre

Ordnance Road, Tidworth WILTS, SP9 7QD

Mark , They do a high temp loctite , IIRC its 272

You are quite right.

I am getting me Schnoor and me Nords mixed up :lol:

Those Nord locks are almost impossible to get undone as they ramp up meaning you have to stretch the bolt to shift them.

Awesome bits of kit, but have to be used in the right places.

Jim