D11 heated windscreen

nicks90

Since sorting out the headlining / leaking sunroof issue a few weeks back everything with the disco has been fine........

until yesterday.

Turned on the heated front windscreen to clear the ice and half the screen cleared lovely, but the half in front of the driver did nothing!!!

Can anyone tell me where the connectors for the front screen are - so i can check i havent knocked one off when refitting bits of trim etc?

cheers

Nick

This should cover everything, except what is actually wrong. Note the connectors are outside the cabin.

All from the RAVE CD, get your very own from the Green Oval site. :-)

Cheers

Edited to add the Earth connection points, which are different side to side, and ARE in the Cabin, although they are multi-pin connectors, so I doubt one has fallen off, but a single wire could be broken or pulled out.

post-118-1225287454_thumb.jpg

post-118-1225287472_thumb.jpg

post-118-1225287488_thumb.png

post-118-1225287505_thumb.png

post-118-1225287529_thumb.png

post-118-1225287542_thumb.png

post-118-1225289965_thumb.jpg

post-118-1225289977_thumb.jpg

Since sorting out the headlining / leaking sunroof issue a few weeks back everything with the disco has been fine........

until yesterday.

Turned on the heated front windscreen to clear the ice and half the screen cleared lovely, but the half in front of the driver did nothing!!!

Can anyone tell me where the connectors for the front screen are - so i can check i havent knocked one off when refitting bits of trim etc?

cheers

Nick

On a D1 you can see the windscreen connectors located below the bonnet hinges there's a connector on each side.

Don't know about a D2

cheers for that guys,

as its heeelektrikkery i am still none the wiser but i'm sure i'll figure it out.

i'll start off by unplugging the connector under the bonnet hinge with the screen turned on and see if there is a supply, check fuse if there isnt and then i'll look at the millions of scary looking wires behind the trim for an earth problem if there is...........

had a quick look and seem to have found the problem.

took the fuses out and both were fine, unplugged the connector under the bonnet hinge and the earth side of the connector was all black and burnt :o

bugger.

so got the (very underused) circuit tester wotsit out and tested the live going from the fuse box into the connector and got full voltage. Sweet.

Tested the earth from the same live and got nothing. So it would appear as if something horrible has happened to the earth and its got all hot and bothered at the connector and got a bit hot.

So my thinking is a bad earth.

So the question is where is the earth for the right hand side heated screen?

On the diagram above its "header earth 0018 (K108)"

So the question is where is the earth for the right hand side heated screen?

On the diagram above its "header earth 0018 (K108)"

See the last picture in the set, the one that shows C018?

That's it.

I know the diagram shows C0018, but hey, it's a Land Rover!

Mind you, I doubt that the problem is with the earth under the fascia, behind the kick panel (C018).

I suspect there was a high resistance in the connector you have found all black and burnt. It might have got wet and corroded before it got black and burnt.

Vehicle Wiring Products might sell those connectors, or you can bodge something up with a screw connection block, liberally covering it with Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) after you have proved it works.

Good Luck.