Range Rover difflock Help!!

olioffroadking

Tee into the vacuum pump to brake servo pipe?

knowing oli personally I'm not sure his teeing skills would be safe. :P

my engine has a pipe from the top of the engine to a tee junction in the intake

I wasn't sure about this so I asked my father who said he thought it could be a vacum intake pipe??

im not sure and would have to inspect the difflock system and make sure that it is a vacum pipe.

tell you what oli

next time Andy and I come round well help you to have a look but I don't much about your daihatsu engine tongue.gif

Mikey

• 3 weeks later...
knowing oli personally I'm not sure his teeing skills would be safe. :P

my engine has a pipe from the top of the engine to a tee junction in the intake

i wasn't sure about this so i asked my father who said he thought it could be a vacum intake pipe??

I'm not sure and would have to inspect the difflock system and make sure that it is a vacum pipe.

tell you what oli

next time Andy and I come round well help you to have a look but I don't much about your Daihatsu engine :P

Mikey

You know nothing mate.

Hi Oli, my wife has got a bobtail with a dihatsu 2.8t in it. I'm using a 4 speed box. The vacum for the diff lock is connected to an outlet at the alternator. I had problems engaging the diff lock, so i changed it to a manuel lever and did away with the vacum set up. If you need some photos or guidence let me know. Easy to do and works a treat.

Kenny.

post-14365-1232411379_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Oli,

At last got most of the work done to the Rangie, and got a few pics for you.

I've got a four speed manuel box fitted to my Rangie, so not sure if it will be the same if you have an auto or five speed box.

The 1st picture is the part that you are looking for. In mine it sits beside where the front propshafts bolts to the gearbox. The vacum hoses should be attached. Follow them and see where they go. In my 2.8t dihatsu the went to my alternator. From the front of the car, the alternator will be on the right, and the pipe goes in at the back of the alternator. I disconected it and blocked it off at the alternator. My brakes seemed better too.

Going back to the picture, the round bit wants to be cut and hacked off. The round shiney bit sticking out should have a threaded end that you can put a bolt into. Once fitted back on the car, pull the shiney bit out to engage difflock, push in to disengage.

Picture 02 my car from underneath.

Picture 03 part removed from gearbox.

picture 04 my new difflock lever.

I got round to fitting a lever, but for a while i used to crawl under the car and use my hand to pull it out. I hope this all helps, sorry it took me so long to get the info to you.

Good luck.

Regards Kenny.

post-14365-1236040179_thumb.jpg

post-14365-1236040205_thumb.jpg

post-14365-1236040226_thumb.jpg

post-14365-1236040241_thumb.jpg