Disco V8 Bellhousing

Aragorn

I know this is a wanted ad, but i'm posting it here in the hope that someone might have one sitting around in a corner somewhere, or know of someone or somewhere selling it.

I'm trying to find a 300 series Disco V8 Bellhousing for my engine conversion. I currently have a 200 series housing, but its too long, and the 300 series housing being shorter will give me enough room to fit an adaptor plate between the box and engine.

I would prefer just the bellhousing, but would consider a complete box if its not silly money.

Anyone got anything laying around, or know somewhere that might have what i need?

Cheers

Well i need it as soon as possible really. I cant get the adaptor made until i have the shorter housing so i can accurately measure the thickness of the adaptor etc.

If you could have a look and see if you do have one, i'll see if i can sort out shipping.

Its not a particularly heavy item so shouldnt be too expensive.

hmm, whats it from?

the part number i need is FTC3922 (superseded by UNB100190)

What do you mean by its identical to a long stick box from a V8?

Afaik the FTC3922 was only fitted to R380-V8 equipped disco and RRC's

From my calculations it should be around 270-275mm long, compared with my current housing (FRC6154) which is around 300mm long.

The R380 housing is shorter becuase the R380 itself is 25-30mm longer than the LT77S

it's off a disco r380 i just took it off the gearbox :huh:

and what i should have said was its the same as the bellhousing from a r380 from a v8 defender ie a long stick box

hrc2642 is what is cast into the casing on the slave cylinder housing

it's off a disco r380 i just took it off the gearbox :huh:

and what i should have said was its the same as the bellhousing from a r380 from a v8 defender ie a long stick box

hrc2642 is what is cast into the casing on the slave cylinder housing

hrc2642 is just a basic un machined casting number, not a LR part number

A V8 defender with an R380 isnt a standard box, its probably been crafted from a disco R380 with a defender tail housing.

It does sound like you have the right part though. Can you confirm its length for me?

Cheers