TD5 Fuel pressure regulator

Does anyone know of an alternative fuel pressure regulator that is a bit more reliable than the genuine.

I had to replace this on my TD5 Discovery and it started leaking after only 3 months now I have the same on my TD5 110. Although its easier to change on the 110 I don't want to have to keep replacing it every few months. I understand that this is a common problem so hopefully someone has produced a stronger one by now.

Yep! Britpart!!! So nooooot... :( I replaced original which had dripped for years. New Britpart item lasted less than 600 miles, and failed in the middle of nowhere at nightfall, on the hunting trip to north...luckily only when I was coming back with my father and his dog and one week camping and hunting gear. ..and it was getting below freezing! It took more than 4 hours from the recovery truck to get there. Then at night at 5 o´clock at my friends LR garage we changed an other Britpart- one, thus we didn´t have any originals in the shelf. It lasted less than a week before it blasted, this time 1 mile away from my other working place, so could borrow a Defender 90 soft top and pick up a new original from my friend, who had got them meanwhile.

The new original has now lasted over 2 1/2 years without even dripping. It´s a revised version, so should be good. At least haven´t heard of them spilling all the fuel on the road...

So go for the Britpart if you are for an adventure! Otherwise don´t do as I did and rather stick onto a dripping original than go for a cheap copy... ;)

P.S. 2 tanks full of diesel spilled in the road is more expensive than the difference between the original and the replacement... I would say, wouldn´t I!

Yep! Britpart!!! So nooooot... :( I replaced original which had dripped for years. New Britpart item lasted less than 600 miles, and failed in the middle of nowhere at nightfall, on the hunting trip to north...luckily only when I was coming back with my father and his dog and one week camping and hunting gear. ..and it was getting below freezing! It took more than 4 hours from the recovery truck to get there. Then at night at 5 o´clock at my friends LR garage we changed an other Britpart- one, thus we didn´t have any originals in the shelf. It lasted less than a week before it blasted, this time 1 mile away from my other working place, so could borrow a Defender 90 soft top and pick up a new original from my friend, who had got them meanwhile.

The new original has now lasted over 2 1/2 years without even dripping. It´s a revised version, so should be good. At least haven´t heard of them spilling all the fuel on the road...

So go for the Britpart if you are for an adventure! Otherwise don´t do as I did and rather stick onto a dripping original than go for a cheap copy... ;)

P.S. 2 tanks full of diesel spilled in the road is more expensive than the difference between the original and the replacement... I would say, wouldn´t I!

You really have had bad experience of the regulator. Mine have constantly leaked but have never failed altogether.

You really have had bad experience of the regulator. Mine have constantly leaked but have never failed altogether.

Yep, I should have kept the leaking original, they say that they leak but they don´t fail...  :P But yes, the newer model seems to be holding, and yes it comes with the new model gasket! So in this case even it was a bit broken, i shouldn´t have fixed it...  :D

Britpart:  :i-m_so_happy:

Yep, I should have kept the leaking original, they say that they leak but they don´t fail...  :P But yes, the newer model seems to be holding, and yes it comes with the new model gasket! So in this case even it was a bit broken, i shouldn´t have fixed it...  :D

Britpart:  :i-m_so_happy:

Looks like I may well be leaving this one dripping for a while longer. Thanks for your input. Just for interest, I used to travel to Finland regularly in my last job,always wanted to take a Landy there and travel up north.

My td5 99 My 110 truck dripped everywhere I went. Even the cats in the area feared the Landyblink.gif !!!. The problem when I bought the new part(could be BRrrrPIT) and changed was that , I could not get access to the lower bolt easily. Hence I did not torque it correctly. I leaked after it was changed. I then swore and in my anger destroyed the gasket. I had bought over 4 gaskets in reserve and one after the other went. The last one got well torqued mad.gif so hard I guess I will never be able to get it unscrewed again. 2 years now and no sign of leakage.

unsure.gif Pictures will follow shortly

My td5 99 My 110 truck dripped everywhere I went. Even the cats in the area feared the Landyblink.gif !!!. The problem when I bought the new part(could be BRrrrPIT) and changed was that , I could not get access to the lower bolt easily. Hence I did not torque it correctly. I leaked after it was changed. I then swore and in my anger destroyed the gasket. I had bought over 4 gaskets in reserve and one after the other went. The last one got well torqued mad.gif so hard I guess I will never be able to get it unscrewed again. 2 years now and no sign of leakage.

unsure.gif Pictures will follow shortly

Thanks for the pics. Not the easiest of jobs, much worse on my previous TD5 Discovery. I guess I will leave this job until I am in the right frame of mind and its a nice sunny day.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if the oem items from paddockspares Are original land Rover parts. Changed my diesel pressure regulator to an regulator from allmakes 4x4 pnr lro16318, has lasted a month and today it started to leak again, I also can not set the correct torque on the bolts because of little space.