Rear output taper bearing. Trans box LT230 (22E)

That's the wrong bearing, Mr Western! Les's guide is for changing the output shaft bearing, whereas the OP's question relates to the rear bearing on the differential shaft, which you can only get at by taking the transfer differential out from the other (front) side of the box.

Nick.

That's the wrong bearing, Mr Western! Les is guide is for changing the output shaft bearing, whereas the OP's question relates to the rear bearing on the differential shaft, which you can only get at by taking the transfer differential out from the other (front) side of the box.

Nick.

link removed & parts page link amended, I've never removed the centre diff, best I can suggest is read the workshop manual/RAVE or send a e.mail to Ashcrft Transmissions requesting advice or just replace the complete transfer box, seems like what looked to be a tidy & uptogether 110 is not quite what it looked.

thanks fof the confirmation.

It could have happend anytime. The rest of the box is perfect. I've just stripped it and its all OK except that single bearing. I might replace the others, but to be honest they all look good. Looks like the cage broke up and spilled the rollers. No damage internally just that one.

So i know have a completely dismantled trans box. I'll order the parts. TA.

ps called Ashcrofts...get the feeling the are a bit busy as they were little help.