Genuine Parts Prices to Go Up

Davo

Quoted from an email I just received from Britcar: 

"Land Rover will be making sweeping changes to the prices of a huge range of their products as of 1st April as part of their annual price review, including a lot of fast-moving and service related parts. The new prices will come into effect on all orders placed with us after 2pm BST (GMT +1) on Friday the 31st March 2017.

If you're waiting to place an order, we would recommend submitting it before midday on Friday. This will give us enough time to get your parts ordered with Land Rover before the 2pm cut-off.

We have been warned by Land Rover that the price change will be striking, with parts generally being between 3% and 5% more expensive; a few parts will be up to twice their current price.

This price increase only affects Genuine Land Rover parts, not any of our vast catalogue of aftermarket and OEM parts. If you are concerned that these new prices will make it impossible to justify the cost of Genuine parts, we also stock an OEM version of almost every Land Rover part - these offer Genuine quality without the Genuine cost."

I'm sure Britcar would like some extra sales from this, (by this I mean: they are a business, so I can understand it.) As for JLR, I've always wondered about their woeful pricing.  

True, and Mercedes, Rolls-Royce, etc., but still I've had some weird Genuine experiences, buying really expensive Genuine Parts that were just aftermarket with the factory sticker on them. I've waited some decades for JLR to catch up with the normal retail world . . . I don't think it's going to happen after all. 

It's been proven before that genuine bits made by one manufacturer are not the same quality as aftermarket bits made by the same manufacturer. ISTR Bosch starter motors, the genuine ones have extra seals etc. inside for example.

Not really sure what crime LR are committing here. I've had shocking parts prices from boring manufacturers like Nissan or Ford as well.

• Like 1