Rear near side and towing electrics

It depends, normally the towing loom is connected into the off side rear corner and there is provision there to pick up the left nearside tail light feed. The chassis loom takes that route, after exiting the chassis just underneath the off side rear corner it comes up into a multitude of bullet connectors under the cover behind the rear lights before heading across the rear cross member to the near side lights.

If you've lost your near side rear lights and your towing electrics it's probably the earth connector in the off side rear, it's a multiway female block that all the bullet connectors push into. It's a horrible system, I removed all the bullet connectors from mine, hardwired the connections together (soldered and sleeved) and converted to the later lights with 2 and 3 way econoseal connectors. At least now I only lose 1 light when there's a fault and it tends to be a hard fault rather than an intermittent one.  

Gents,

many thanks for the replies.

So... if I strip of the tape from the wiring loom at the rear I should find the towing electrics as a separate bundle that goes up into the rear offside light cover/cluster/wiring rats nest? Does the near side indicator also 'surface' in that corner - I'm assuming it must do for the towing electrics?

I have checked the earths - not that simple :-( but thanks for the reminder.

I'm thinking I may have to strip everything back to that offside corner, sort out the wiring rats nest and then make up a new 'mini' loom to go to the near side corner and the towing socket.

urgh - and it's raining.... :-(

Chassis loom comes out of the inner face of right hand chassis rail, goes up into the right rear corner for right rear lights [tail,brake,indicator] the right rear fog & reverse light wires are behind the rubber flap, wiring for the fuel tank sender [110 only] & left rear lights runs across the forward face of rear cross member left rear fog & reverse do similar to the right set & the tail,brake, indicator & number plate go up into the left rear corner again all tucked behind the rubber flap.