Trailer Light - 2004 TD5 110

Hi Guys,

So I changed all my side lights (except reverse light) to LED and ever since the little green dash trailer light is always on, regardless of lights on or off, permanently on.

Do I just need to change the Relay? I had to swap the relay and use the one the LED kit came with to make the indicators flash correctly as the indicator flashed super quick with the original Relay in.

Any help would be great!

Ive had this for about 2 years now but never bothered to sort as I never towed with the 110, however Ive just bought a trailer and want to get it sorted!

Cheers in advance.

I did the LED light conversion on a 2002 Td5, used the Wipec LED relay with a tuneable resistor - i.e. the knob on the top. and FYI to get the thing tuned properly you need to do it with a trailer socket plugged in. I didn't and it threw the new owner when he plugged a trailer into it, he had to pop back behind the dash console and re adjust the resistor slightly.

8 hours ago, Maverik said:

I did the LED light conversion on a 2002 Td5, used the Wipec LED relay with a tuneable resistor - i.e. the knob on the top. and FYI to get the thing tuned properly you need to do it with a trailer socket plugged in. I didn't and it threw the new owner when he plugged a trailer into it, he had to pop back behind the dash console and re adjust the resistor slightly.

Ah that makes sense as the new relay has got an adjustable knob on top and I've just bought a trailer tonight so I'll go and try that out in the morning!

thanks