TDI on V8 LT77S?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a bellhousing or adaptor that fits the the 200 or 300 TDI onto a Rover V8 (long input shaft) LT77S transmission?

Thanks

I took my disco 200 Tdi out of a rrc with a lt77 long shaft box and mated it to my lt77 defender short shaft box all i had to do was remove the locating dowels and re tap the engine backplate for 4 new studs then it just slipped on so i think disregarding the studs they are interchangeable.

i think your talking about the wrong shaft there muddy. its the input shaft that varies according to V8/Tdi.

ive got a feeling that the bearing in the flywheel is a different size depending on fuel. probably easier to strip the boxes & swop the input shafts & bellhousings.

i think your talking about the wrong shaft there muddy. its the input shaft that varies according to V8/Tdi.

ive got a feeling that the bearing in the flywheel is a different size depending on fuel. probably easier to strip the boxes & swop the input shafts & bellhousings.

To bad you weren't around some months ago! I had the same problem the other way around ;)

I haven't got my Disco tdibox no more,....

I still haven't found a proper one to be honest

When test driving for the first time last week , the reverse didn't work :(

.. .. .. for some reason there are plenty more differences as well internal, as external within the LT77 range over the years, and models.......

Anyways,.. need to say this forum is superb for all the knowledge around!

i'll never abandon our Dutch green-prikkers-forum but for the specials íll always keep an eye on this place!

grtzz,

RoLandRover

if it would help i have a workshop manual for the LT77S box on my pc. once i get that back online i could send it to you, i might have one that covers the early boxes too cant remember. my LT77 isnt a S but the pics werent that far out when i took it apart.

I did mean the input shaft/ first motion shaft but tyes it does look like i'm referring to short stick/long stick boxs

:unsure:

Thanks for hilighting this.

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a bellhousing or adaptor that fits the the 200 or 300 TDI onto a Rover V8 (long input shaft) LT77S transmission?

Thanks

If you decide to change for the correct Tdi box, I am in need of a V8 LT-77 box provided it is a long stick as per 90/110. Please drop me a line if you are selling.

Cheers,

MArtin