V8 Piston Liner Movement

JC.V8

:I`ve got this metallic noise in timeing with the crank shaft on my 4Ltr disco 2, year 2000 .

The noise appears when eng is up to working temp on tick over and vanishes with increase of revs.

I think its possibly piston liner movement !what do you think .

If this is the case has any one fitted or have any info on ACR V8 Engine Heavy Duty Top Hat Liner System,because i will be looking for a short engine.

unsure:

Mine does a similar thing when cold there is a tapping noise after about 30 sec running, goes on for about 2 minutes till engine warms up a bit then disappears. I have never found what it is and it has never got any worse in 4 years and 35000 miles. Don't bin your engine just yet :)

:I`ve got this metallic noise in timeing with the crank shaft on my 4Ltr disco 2, year 2000 .

The noise appears when eng is up to working temp on tick over and vanishes with increase of revs.

I think its possibly piston liner movement !what do you think .

If this is the case has any one fitted or have any info on ACR V8 Engine Heavy Duty Top Hat Liner System,because i will be looking for a short engine.

unsure:

Before you nash your teeth and wail....this noise is often just a sticky / worn / tappet, once its warmed and the oil driven into the tappet the noise goes...

Whilst liners can move, the 3.9 4.0 4.2s are much less prone than the 4.6s that can do it, often cause they are ruinning weak and heat up extra inside, Mark Adfams tunes these and changes the fuelling to stop this issue.

Top hat liners are expensive, and a properly set up V8 has far less chance of dropping a liner.

Nige