Disco 2 td5 ecu

Romeo

While i drive my car goes into limp mode and only two injectors operate the car drives perfectly for about 20km and all of a sudden the engine just turns off. Is this a ecu problem or can you guys advise what it possibly can be

Romeo, pull the connectors on the ECU and check if they are oily inside. If so, clean them out with some contact cleaner and try again.

The Td5 has an issue with oil migrating down the inside of the wiring harness from the injector harness in the tappet cover to the ECU and causing running issues. If it is oily, then you need a new injector harness, JLR 4X4, Roverland or Land Rover Service Centre, all in Montague Gardens should be able to help.

It could be a possible turbo issue with the wastegate controller sticking and overboosting, causing it to go into limp mode, but one thing at a time. Start at the ECU harness.

I am away at work at the moment, but will be home around the 13th if my shift isn't extended and I have a diagnostic machine that may shed some light on your problem. Where are you located in Cape Town?