Defender 200tdi alternator / PS bracket

I changed my alternator a few months ago..

Typically one of the (1 of the 2  bolts snapped, or already had snapped (probably the reason why the old alternator failed)..

Is there a bracket to which the alternator and power steering fit into which is easily removable?

I would need to somehow remove the snapped bolt which i would envisage will be near impossible... (highlighted red on the photo)

My initial idea is to take the braket off, and try to drill all the way thgough the bracket and fit 1 long bolt and nut through the alternator? 

Thoughts please..

aaaCaptxxure.JPG

Yes that's the bracket. 

The PAS pump will hang on from its pipes no trouble  at all. The alt needs removing. Then there is 2 bolts through the front, 1 through the back and 2 through the inside into the Ali timing case.

If you want to send me the bracket, I can drill the bolt out on my mill.... For some reason my 110 keeps breaking the bolts holding the bracket to the engine so I'm well practiced in it.

8 hours ago, vulcan bomber said:

.. For some reason my 110 keeps breaking the bolts holding the bracket to the engine so I'm well practiced in it.

yes i too  have had constant trouble with this bracket snapping the bolts ,have had it back in for a year with 8.8 bolts this time and touch wood seems to be holding,

Do you have the little triangular spacing plate between the bracket and block (4mm thick  i think )

Am I right in thinking that there is a bolt going into the bracket on the alternator from either side?

Would I be not easier to drill out the bolt and drill right through (unless it already is) and just put 1 longer bolt and nut on the alternator as the pivot point and the tensioner / adjuster bar as the other fixing?

Apologies if this is how it should be anyway! haha 😃

23 hours ago, justustwo said:

yes i too  have had constant trouble with this bracket snapping the bolts ,have had it back in for a year with 8.8 bolts this time and touch wood seems to be holding,

Do you have the little triangular spacing plate between the bracket and block (4mm thick  i think )

Yes the spacer us there, and the belts are in line.

20 hours ago, tommobot said:

Am I right in thinking that there is a bolt going into the bracket on the alternator from either side?

Would I be not easier to drill out the bolt and drill right through (unless it already is) and just put 1 longer bolt and nut on the alternator as the pivot point and the tensioner / adjuster bar as the other fixing?

Apologies if this is how it should be anyway! haha 😃

No, your better off found as land rover intended. A bolt either side.