D2 Steering lock(or lack of it).

RJL

Post it up when you know it!! I could use the info too....

Cheers

Adrian

Tried to contact my nearest L/R dealer as Scrumps did'nt know part no's as and when I have them I will post it.

Its based around the differences with 16" & 18" wheels.

Russ

I'm guessing, then, that as I have the 18" alloys, it's not going to get any better!! Or is it a case of changing the stops and tweaking them to the best possible?? I am, of course, assuming that they can be adjusted........... :huh:

Its often said to be to do with the 18in alloys but in truth it is more likely to be the 255 section tyres fitted to them rather than the std 235/70x16 - the tyre diameter is the same on 18 as 16 so it has to be the extra width of the tyre that causes the problem - possibly exaggerated by the fact that at least some of the 18s are 8" wide rims not 7".

I run 255/70R16 tyres on mine (as wide as and taller than std 18s) with no problems - but I haven't checked the lock stops.

Personally I don't mind rubbing a bit because if I need that extra bit of lock on occasions then I can put up with a bit of rubbing - may be an MOT failure though?