Galvanised bulkhead painting/prep

reb78

Folks, I bought a repaired bulkhead from a member on here that I have subsequently had galvanised. I had it shot blasted first, but there are some areas where there was clearly some seam sealer that the shot blasting didnt manage to remove. I plan to pull this out. Is there anything I can spray this with now to compliment the galv coating and give it the best chance at not rusting?

I plan to then prep and paint it - I will have a go at doing this myself. My workshed is large enough that I plan to build an enclosed spraying area within it that will fit the vehicle if need be.

I will then fill the inside with as much waxoyl as i can get in it to give it extra internal protection.

Can folks pick holes in the above so I can improve it? Is waxoyl still what people will use or are there better products now?

You could use zg90. Silver. It's good to top up galv, I used it on the trailer, when I welded extra rope hooks.

I'd try a more modern wax, though. May be bilt hambler? Dinitrol.