Ex-RAF Defender 90

BillyS

My first post! 

Last year I had a BMW 420d Grand Coupe trailing my 2 Cocker Spaniels around the fells, I thought I need a Land Rover so went and purchased a new Disco Sport when the new shape was released... THEN after I had the perfect car I didn’t want two mucky dogs in the back! SO yesterday I purchased an ex mod defender 90.. 

My post here is really just to ask for some general advice on how I go about my time with the defender. 

The engine, chassis and bodywork in general are in excellent condition, the only ‘issue’ is the heaters inside aren’t very powerful the feed pipe to the passenger demister isn’t there so that’s an easy fix but the heater just isn’t very hot or powerful.. advice? 

Also in terms of the ride it’s quite comfortable but VERY loud so I’m going to put soundproofing under the bonnet and I’m thinking do I soundproof the interior and lay a carpet/rubber on top of a soundproof membrane? Currently I lean against doing it as I don’t want to take away from the fact that’s it’s a 30 year old Land Rover but I would appreciate advice on how to dum down the sound abit, can you soundproof the cab in another way? 

Finally any other advice as to fit door cards, radio, interior lights? 

162EA8CA-5DAF-4EA7-8BAA-A65651B102C1.jpeg