Fitting A Boost Gauge

Ivan

Just bought a Racetech boost gauge to fit to my 300Tdi. Trouble is the T piece that came with the fitting kit seems too small. I haven't cut the pipe from the Turbo to the fuel pump as I felt sure that the T piece would not fit. Anyone else fitted one of these ? Any clues ?

TIA

Ivan

;) which pipe are u teeing into? the actuator tube? if so should be 4mm IIRC.

i've now taken my boost guage from the inlet side, ie after the intercooler, all done with 1/8 bsp fittings, these should thread straight into your turbo aswell

Tonk

Yes I think it's the actuator pipe (not sure about this diesel stuff). It's the pipe that runs from the Turbo to the injector pump (I assume it uses the boost to adjust the fuelling).

If I go your route I assume you drill and tap a fitting into the inlet manifold ? And then run a pipe from there to the gauge ?

Ivan

I couldn't get the allen bolts undone either, hence why it's still in place with a blanking plate at either end.

That way it's also possible to put back together in the event of sale....

I take it yours hasn't got the front bolted joint??

You could try picking up a 2nd hand disco intercooler pipe (the bit that connects to the EGR).