disco central locking

flatback90

why when i go to lock my disco on the plipper does it lock then unlock straight away? to leave the vehicle secure i have to open the drivers door hold down the button? thing on the door while it locks and unlocks itself this leaves the button down i then shut the door and have to lock the passenger door with the key its driving the missus mad as it can take up to 10 minutes to finally get it locked so for the sake of my hearing some one please help me out!

a sticky interior locking button can do this, because the solenoid locks it then the fact the button is still stuck up causes the solenoid to "think" that somebody inside is trying to open the door again so it unlocks!

i had a very similar problem with drivers door after tating inner liner off i cleaned all contacts and sprayed all contacts with gt80 so far its been ok locks on button and unlocks

i had a very similar problem with drivers door after tating inner liner off i cleaned all contacts and sprayed all contacts with gt80 so far its been ok locks on button and unlocks

Probably no connection but I had a similar problem on a citroen BX many years ago, I would put the key in the door, turn it to lock and it would unlock immediately. After many hours stripping interior panels etc I eventually found a chafed wire in the boot that was shorting out.

If all else fails it might be worth checking the wiring where it enters the doors.

If the drivers door attempts to lock and then pops up again it is well worth stripping the panel off, lubricate all the lock and linkages and then check that the locking motor is free to move completely to each end of its travel. I've had several cars now where they are just slightly out of adjustment. When the door locks and the motor switches off, if there is some tension on the linkage the motor springs back just enough to make the system think the door is being unlocked again.

Alternatively check that the door locking button stays positively at each end of its travel, there is a little spring that breaks and make the button go all floppy :rolleyes: although this usually make the door want to stay locked, I make my own but I do believe they can be bought on e-blag or similar.

If on the other hand the lock is not attempting to move the motor or wiring is probably faulty.

Shaun