Tips required for changing the sill channel on a 90

I need to change the sill channel on my Defender 90 (1993 K reg) and wondered if anyone that has done it has any tips before I start. This is due to corrosion so obviously it is not going to just unscrew!

I have the replacement channel, the rear bracket to the tub and the front plate with two fixed screws.

Al help and advice welcome. Also any photos if anyone has them.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Sigi. I did manage this but took me ages as 50% of the fixings were well beyond unscrewing even with lots of Plusgas. It ended up with mole grips and twist till the fixing sheared in most cases as drill's and grinder can't get access. I did drill the ones to the bulkhead though.

I used the parts from paddocks and I was happy with it. It was from 3mm steel and galvanised. Bracket to bulkhead was 2mm.

Here's a photo of old and new together.

IMG_20201004_174101248.jpg

• 4 months later...

I see you measured the locations of the holes. Did you also measure the 2 holes which are for optional side steps?

I bought folding sidesteps and according to the instructions the mounting holes should  be in the channels. However my ‘85 ninety has no holes. I can drill them but want them on the original places.