Re-wiring Q’s

SteveG

So to the rear of the RR, I’m running two lighting looms, one for each side (6 way connectors), then running an extra loom for fuel tank pump, sender, and a rear power outlet, plus 3 spare on the 6 way connector. For the rear wiper and rear heated window, I need to run heavier gage wire, so I could run these two in their own loom from the relays on the bulkhead, or I could run a single 12v feed in say 12mm2 to a distribution pole in the rear and position the wiper and heated rear window relays in the rear. That way, I have a fused 12v permanent feed at the rear with plenty of capacity already wired in for potential future use. I can signal the wiper and heated rear window relays from the spares in the extras loom above.

For earths, the wiring would be the same for both options, I plan to put earth distribution blocks on each rear corner, earthed to the RR body frame. The frame will be earth strapped to the battery in the engine bay.

Any thoughts, downsides that I’m missing etc.?

cheers, Steve 

All I'd say is whack a midi-fuse or similar on the battery end of the big wire if you do that. Does also mean you still need some low-power wires run in to trigger the relays or whatever.

Those bus-bar 12-way fuse-holders are a great way to add stuff like that.