OT - Sensible Fuel Filter & Housing?

Blanco

Slightly 'Off Topic' but I'll chance it............ on the basis that I'd like to sort it before the RRC gets some attention for its MOT/NCT :)

Elderly John Deere 455 lawn mower (yanmar diesel) dusted off this week for its annual service, ...all good except the fuel filter leak I have been nursing  along for a couple of years at the inlet elbow fitting.

I have been looking at replacing the unit ebay linky .... but its not that cheap and the quality of the original doesn't impress anyway, also comes with uncertain level of import charges, I was just thinking there has to be something more cost effective for an old mower and my neighbour works at a car dismantlers so a good second hand unit from a diesel motor would be great, normally I could wander in and have a look but not during the Covid so I need to ask for something specific. Found this other ebay item which might suit, doesn't seem too enormous, but I just thought I would ask if anyone knows of a really good useful unit from some vehicle I haven't found? I have three pipes to connect, ... in, out, and the purge/return loop. I don't have any sensors but obviously if it comes with water and or pressure sensor that doesn't really matter.

Thanks Monkie, well the price looks appealing,  I could blank off the purge loop and make a mount for it without too much trouble, I guess I was thinking only of the cast housing/mount style but why not simplify it even further, certainly would be fewer potential leak paths.

• western changed the title to OT - Sensible Fuel Filter & Housing?