110SW sliding window channel

Hi - I need to replace the soft liner (felt?) that sits in the channels of the sliding windows in my 110 SW as they have all but rotted away and the windows rattle like crazy. Can anyone help me out with what this stuff is called and where I might get some from please?

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by western
Title changed to be more relevant to subject

• western changed the title to 110SW sliding window channel
  • 2 weeks later...

Having come across this thread I was prompted to take action on my sliding windows. I had previously looked at the Garrison Trim option but baulked at the price.

I ordered 2x 1m lengths of 1" x 1/8" felt from Woolies Trim. This is the narrowest they had listed.
The remnants of old felt I removed measured approx 20mm (3/4"), so I trimmed the felt to width with a stout pair of scissors.

After a considerable amount of cleaning and moss removal from the window track I followed the instructions in the Britanica Restorations video above. It really is as easy as he says. The first window took me maybe 15 minutes, and the second one much less.

This very worthwhile improvement has cost me just over £10 (felt (2x£2.50/m) and £5.40 for postage) and took less than an hour to do, including all the cleaning.

The LR part would of course have been the correct size material, but is priced around £15 per window. If I'd found some 20mm (3/4") wide felt I'd have saved 10 minutes perhaps, but I'm very happy with the result.

110Window1.thumb.jpg.5ba97ee1042b1aba6d9f536f236a53dc.jpg

110Window2.thumb.jpg.2a8844b92bcdde81ac98a7f6166c9c7f.jpg

I did mine both sides and couldn’t believe how easy it was - I should have done it years ago !

The Bearmach MUC 1005 is actually rubber - and isn’t a channel - but has a flat side and a curved side, so it folds to sit inside.

I bought two, but then realised there is enough length in one piece for both windows.....

So it’s £1.75 plus VAT - the issue is postage; 6.25 plus VAT from Bearmach direct, though you can roll other purchases up into that.