200Tdi cylinder head gasket failure?

I'm not at that point yet as it won't come forward sufficiently to tip tail down. I'll get another look tomorrow as it must be catching on the seat box or something preventing it from sliding forwards. I haven't removed the handbrake, maybe that is where things are catching? 

7 minutes ago, western said:

AH, it might be the handbrake linkage on righthand  side of the gearbox catching the seatbox,

I think you're right. I was hoping to not have to remove it, silly idea really as I've got to swap it to the new box anyway. 

• Like 1

It was the selector housing on the transfer box that was hitting the seat box preventing it from moving forwards. I had to lift the transfer box with a jack and remove the rubber mount to allow it to drop further. I now have it slid forwards and free of the mounts with engine now up high and transfer box nose down... the saga will continue!

• Like 1