V8 Hot Starting Issues

13 hours ago, missingsid said:

Yes but after looking on tintornet an 1988 110 should be 5 speed?

LT77 + LT230 I think, so mechanically operated difflock.

Thanks for the answer @deep, I didn't know the LT95 was vacuum operated and always happy to learn something new about LRs/cars!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Resurrecting this to see if there was ever a solution?  Chasing the same issue on a 95 110 with 3.5 and dual SU's.  Runs and starts great when cold, shut it down and difficulty starting (although it will with full choke) and then runs bad with black smoke coming out the back.  Its either starving for fuel or getting too much...black smoke and smells rich tells me to much but not sure.  Plugs are dry, but sooty (why I replaced the coil)  Let it sit for 20-30 minutes starts and runs fine.  Cant tell if carb issue or ignition...I did replace the coil to rule that out.  160, 000 kilometers on bones stock setup.  Carbs are topped up with oil, replaced a few hoses etc.  Not sure if a carb teardown is in order, have not gathered tools for air flow and sync yet.  Have not changed cap/rotor/or wires/or amplifier yet.  Other ideas?  Thanks - 

Jeff

I must admit I did change quite a bit (had the dizzy rebuilt etc). 

What seemed to cure it was fully balancing the carbs with an air flow meter. One bank was getting far too little flow. Once fixed it started on the button even when hot.

• Like 1