Soft top 90 rear seats

yalan

Having bought my 90 a decade ago, I knew there would come a time when I wanted seats in the back.

It’s not a new problem so I thought I’d share my solution in case it helps anyone else.

Basically we have a pair of minibus seats with integral belts mounted to a bus seat’s demountable base - cut and shut for defender proportions.

It mounts to UNWIN rails which are bolted to chassis through the tub. One of the nice things is that they can be demounted in 2mins and can be either forward or rear facing. When not in use, the rails are pretty handy too for securing the dog!

1847F509-C85B-445A-A409-62BFAFFBC227.jpeg

EDFB83CB-9A0D-4AC7-82AE-6A73EC37F3E5.jpeg

688496BE-CE46-4578-A26D-BCB7D28FBD85.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yalan said:

Yes thanks, it was not searchable from my phone. The Unwin site had a camper van installation sheet apparently.

3 hours ago, yalan said:

Thanks - glad you like it!

The pics are part of a full catalogue of build pics. You can see the full collection of this and other projects at http://www.85ninety.co.uk

Do ask if anything isn’t clear. 

What seats did you use for the final frames? the pics show the original mobility seats then a pair of other seats that you reupholstered with a load of work. Great job.

15 minutes ago, missingsid said:

What seats did you use for the final frames? the pics show the original mobility seats then a pair of other seats that you reupholstered with a load of work. Great job.

No Idea I’m afraid - they were locally sourced for about £30 from someone who had stripped out a minibus / coach. They weren’t anything special really and needed a fair bit of cut n shut to separate out the seat base from backrest. That type do come up periodically but not particularly worth holding out for I wouldn’t say.

1 hour ago, yalan said:

No Idea I’m afraid - they were locally sourced for about £30 from someone who had stripped out a minibus / coach. They weren’t anything special really and needed a fair bit of cut n shut to separate out the seat base from backrest. That type do come up periodically but not particularly worth holding out for I wouldn’t say.

OK ta, its just a case of looking to see what is available.