TD5 90 - New stereo and amp - cable hell!

So I put all the cables in place coming out of the radio (down behind the Fusebox) ready to go to the amp behind the seats over the weekend which adds up to a lot of cabling with 3 rca’a etc and I’m looking at it a little wary of the best route to task as it would be a lot running along the floor or on the gearbox tunnel which could be really annoying when works done on the clutch. Any better ideas with route to go? Feels like the side pillars will be crammed and then no sensible route to get behind the seats?

I had the same problem and decided to route the cables out of the grommets to the side of the fuses (are they there on a TD5?) into some conduit and then run under the seat box before coming up in some other grommets. There were plenty of places to cable tie them to and make them all tidy. See here for how I did it

59 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

I had the same problem and decided to route the cables out of the grommets to the side of the fuses (are they there on a TD5?) into some conduit and then run under the seat box before coming up in some other grommets. There were plenty of places to cable tie them to and make them all tidy. See here for how I did it

Ah brilliant - I don’t think mine has any grommets in that position but I’m sure I can easily drill through a hole. Your route sounds much better than my current plan so I’ll give that a whirl with some heavy duty clips! 

I've done a few audio installs, i tend to go across the dash to the passenger side, out the bulkhead grommet above the heater box and then down the bulkhead to the chassis, then to come back in behind the seats, drill a hole and add a grommet.  It's a longer route but it's neat and completely out of sight and out of harms way if wrapped in split plastic conduit.