1998 cab roof same as 2006?

Hi,

I've a pick up cab/roof sitting in a shed, removed from an original 1998 300Tdi.

My 2006 reg TD5 is also a pick up cab, but the roof has a dent on it and paint loss. 

I thought I'd put the 1998 roof (roof only, not the cab sides) onto the Td5 - but before I start removing things, will it be a perfect fit/match? I can already see a subtle difference in the gutter ends at the corner of the windscreen.

Thanks

Unfortunately with LRs, some things did not change and other things seemingly had many small changes for no apparent reason. I think since you have both in hand you will be the best to know. 

I do know some truck cabs have aluminium gutters and some steel. I did a search with owners and we could not find rhyme or reason or a simple date change…

As they say, there is only one way to find out. 

You make a good point.

The gutter on the '98 is galvanised whereas the '06 one is getting rusty and I really can't see it being galvanised. The gutter itself has draining provisions in different places. With the '98 there's a slot roughly above the top rear corner of the front doors, whereas on the '06 roof the drainage comes out at the front corners next to the windscreen.  The anorak in me is having hard time deciding if I should put the 'better' but incorrect roof onto the Td5.

With canvas header rails there seem to be differences based on year, I thought that would also matter here but after some more searching that may not be the case.