Military ID plate

nileseh

I don't suppose there exists anywhere a cross reference of the VIN to Military contract number, is there? The original military plate was removed previous to me and I'd like to restore it if possible. The subject vehicle is a 1986 Defender 110, 3 door, soft top, 2.5L diesel. I've got the VIN from the front right chassis stamp.

No, I suppose that's going to be the problem.  All I have is the VIN. It would have to be a reverse directory in that Merlin Archive. I don't know about any restrictions on Contract Number.  I have a couple of Land Rover published parts manuals, 1986 and 1991, for military 110's that identify the Contract Number on the cover page.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close this out.......

RLC Archive came thru with the military registration number and the record card for the truck shows contract FVE 22A/304, which was suggested a probable by Eightpot above. As it happens I already have the Supplementary Parts Catalog for that contract so I'm all set. it is sort of the build sheet showing all the variants under the contract.  Sometime thing just work out.

Incidentally I also have the Supplementary Parts Catalog for vehicles produced under contract number LV2A/004 if anyone has a truck built in 1991.

Thanks for the help on this.

• Like 1