Brighter bulb or new fuel gauge

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

I struggle to see the fuel gauge at night ( S2a ) as even with the gauge lite up its very dim during the day its fine, can i buy a brighter bulb for the fuel gauge or am i better off buying an old school 52mm round gauge and fitting it somewhere on the dash please.

Edited by Cornish Rattler

Yep, should be easy to fit a brighter bulb or an LED.  If you do go with LED, try to find “warm white” as most are a little bit bluish.  Probably a good idea to replace the speedo’s bulb with the same so that they match.  I’d also have a look at the wiring and bulb holder, as they could be a bit damaged or corroded and be causing a voltage drop - swapping the speedo and cluster gauge bulbs and holders from one to the other would be a simple stet of that.

16 minutes ago, Snagger said:

Yep, should be easy to fit a brighter bulb or an LED.  If you do go with LED, try to find “warm white” as most are a little bit bluish.  Probably a good idea to replace the speedo’s bulb with the same so that they match.  I’d also have a look at the wiring and bulb holder, as they could be a bit damaged or corroded and be causing a voltage drop - swapping the speedo and cluster gauge bulbs and holders from one to the other would be a simple stet of that.

Thanks for that but i've just remembered its an S2a with S3 gauges fitted ☹️