Steering Wheel and Shaft

kevin50

Not sure what I have done here, I refurbished one box out of 2, think This is a series 3 shaft, my truck is series 2a, which steering wheel will I need or will both fit ? ?.

I have these parts but not sure how the indicator canceler goes on, will I need it ?

Cant find any pics on google,

Thanks

s-l1600 (3).jpg

nrc3150 (2).jpg

Regarding steering shafts, the most significant difference is that 'early' ones, where the wheel has multiple thin spokes, has a cross bolt to pinch the boss of the wheel. As the bolt crosses the shaft the shaft has a groove across the splined section, the bolt fitting in the groove. It follows that the bolt has to be completely withdrawn from the boss before the wheel can be slid along the splines.

The later wheels have three thicker spokes, and are retained by a single nut in the centre of the wheel boss.
The double coil spring washer fits behind the wheel boss.

You should register yourself with the LRW (Land Rover Workshop) website because once you look up a part you can scroll down to see an exploded diagram which includes the part you want information about.

Thus you may see the other object you have pictured.

Regards.

8 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

Regarding steering shafts, the most significant difference is that 'early' ones, where the wheel has multiple thin spokes, has a cross bolt to pinch the boss of the wheel. As the bolt crosses the shaft the shaft has a groove across the splined section, the bolt fitting in the groove. It follows that the bolt has to be completely withdrawn from the boss before the wheel can be slid along the splines.

The later wheels have three thicker spokes, and are retained by a single nut in the centre of the wheel boss.
The double coil spring washer fits behind the wheel boss.

You should register yourself with the LRW (Land Rover Workshop) website because once you look up a part you can scroll down to see an exploded diagram which includes the part you want information about.

Thus you may see the other object you have pictured.

Regards.

Got the diagram but they dont seem to be right when fitted , will post pics later.