Disco 2 sunroof leak repairs

petrolhead63

Headliner out to recover, leaks to fix and dodgy wiring due to damp. Sunroof, roof rails to re seal.

One sunroof drain snapped off explaining most of the water! have ordered repair parts.

I notice gaps under the sunroof frames to roof panel, I could simply mask and PU seal around each frame but wonder if I slacked all the mounting bolts can I pry the fame up a little to squeeze sealer under it before tightening back down?

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, DiscoHere said:

Yes you can but not sure it will last.  I just tightened mine down on the rubber and added extra drain outlets at the rear of the sunroof and fed them out the rear of the vehicle.  Not had a leak that i have noticed since 

If water is getting into the drain channels, thats if your lucky as they are only positioned at the front of the sunroof, then your vehicle a faulty class seal, simples. 
But there’s also a frame to roof seal that is well known to have issues and then water will go straight onto the headliner.

The drains are only to take water runoff, if wet when the glass is tilted, hence positioned at the front only.