L320 TDV6 Issues after 800 mile drive. Leaks and faults

Shem

Hi all, 

Thought I’d share some of my experience and ask for a bit of a help while i’m at it.

Bought the 2011 TDV6 Autobiography for my wife around 6 months ago. I was fully aware the car will need some TLC but I’m a sucker for LR (Had a few already) and simply couldn’t say no. 

I have since done a full service; New oil and all filters, new rear brakes and new General tyres all round. 

Issues I’m aware of and planning on sorting in the next couple of weeks: 
Upper, Lower front/rear arms since they make a bit of a racket when turning / going over potholes. Thought I’ll just do them all at once to get it out the way. 

Issues I’m aware of but not sure if I’ve diagnosed correctly: 
Car throws a Suspension Fault after a longer drive. C1130-66 Air Spring Air Supply. F O/S Suspension air bag weeping air when hitting pothole, trying to lift to off road mode or after being dropped of the ramp at the garage. 
I’m assuming it’s best to replace strut and the bag rather than just the bag? 

AIRCON and FBH dead and will not engage - can’t hear the relay kicking in for either and again OBD fault U0166-00 & 87 Lost communication with Aux Heater Control Module, and B11FF-84 Air Conditioning refrigerant pressure. 
Any advice on where I should start the investigation? Maybe they are on the same loom? There was an invoice for a regas from 16 months ago. 

Oil leak from what me and the mechanic traced is a sensor at the bottom of the engine - driver’s side. Would this be the Crankshaft Position Sensor? Doesn’t leave any stains on a driveway so not a massive leak but enough to lose 1/4 of the level over 1k plus miles. 
Anyone else experienced this? Any tips on replacement? 

New one today: 
Whilst driving from Somerset back to Glasgow after fuelling at the services I have noticed a fuel leak coming from the front of the engine - passenger side. Couple of hours later car threw a big RED fault ENGINE SYSTEMS FAILURE, car goes to a limp on M74 and error P062B(00) comes up on OBD - Engine Control Module, Fuel Injector Control - performance problem. 

I am not going to lie, had a moment when I started typing webuyanycar on my phone but I’m in love with the b*****d thing and willing to complete the repairs and enjoy the car. 

I’ve no doubt that even though this is a painfully long post, but where else to go for a proper advice than to a lovely group of lads who are as delusional as me?  Wink 

Forever grateful for responses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, Shem said:

Hi all, 

Thought I’d share some of my experience and ask for a bit of a help while i’m at it.

Bought the 2011 TDV6 Autobiography for my wife around 6 months ago. I was fully aware the car will need some TLC but I’m a sucker for LR (Had a few already) and simply couldn’t say no. 

I have since done a full service; New oil and all filters, new rear brakes and new General tyres all round. 

Issues I’m aware of and planning on sorting in the next couple of weeks: 
Upper, Lower front/rear arms since they make a bit of a racket when turning / going over potholes. Thought I’ll just do them all at once to get it out the way. 

Issues I’m aware of but not sure if I’ve diagnosed correctly: 
Car throws a Suspension Fault after a longer drive. C1130-66 Air Spring Air Supply. F O/S Suspension air bag weeping air when hitting pothole, trying to lift to off road mode or after being dropped of the ramp at the garage. 
I’m assuming it’s best to replace strut and the bag rather than just the bag? 

AIRCON and FBH dead and will not engage - can’t hear the relay kicking in for either and again OBD fault U0166-00 & 87 Lost communication with Aux Heater Control Module, and B11FF-84 Air Conditioning refrigerant pressure. 
Any advice on where I should start the investigation? Maybe they are on the same loom? There was an invoice for a regas from 16 months ago. 

Oil leak from what me and the mechanic traced is a sensor at the bottom of the engine - driver’s side. Would this be the Crankshaft Position Sensor? Doesn’t leave any stains on a driveway so not a massive leak but enough to lose 1/4 of the level over 1k plus miles. 
Anyone else experienced this? Any tips on replacement? 

New one today: 
Whilst driving from Somerset back to Glasgow after fuelling at the services I have noticed a fuel leak coming from the front of the engine - passenger side. Couple of hours later car threw a big RED fault ENGINE SYSTEMS FAILURE, car goes to a limp on M74 and error P062B(00) comes up on OBD - Engine Control Module, Fuel Injector Control - performance problem. 

I am not going to lie, had a moment when I started typing webuyanycar on my phone but I’m in love with the b*****d thing and willing to complete the repairs and enjoy the car. 

I’ve no doubt that even though this is a painfully long post, but where else to go for a proper advice than to a lovely group of lads who are as delusional as me?  Wink 

Forever grateful for responses. 

The Strut and the Airbag are one unit so just replace the both.

If it was regassed I would check the pressure on the aircon first.

Oil leaks on LR are common and if there is no stain then there is no oil leak.

You will never complete the repairs as new ones will keep reoccuring.

I am down towards Ayr on the A70 (cannot miss all my Range Rovers) do what everybody else does, knock on my door. Will take the hind legs off you about Rangies lol.

Haha thanks a lot mate. I might just do that one day, I'm on the outskirts of East Kilbride so not THAT far from you. 

Car is currently getting sorted for the coolant leak but need to get the ENGINE CONTROLS issue sorted as I drive down south for work and don't really fancy breaking down somewhere in East Midlands 😆 

Still no clue what caused it in the first place 🤷🏼

Thanks for the response!

Bit of an update. My long term mechanic said he doesn't want to continue on potential issue as the fault code P062B(00) doesn't pin point to where the actual issue is but he says the car smokes a little bit and smells 'strange' also he feels like it's a bit underpowered.

I've noticed the smoke is a bit white during start up but haven't noticed anything else unless something happened after my journey from Somerset. 

Any thoughts?