The elusive grommet…. 276054?

Northwards

Cor blimey and love a duck (but only if that’s legal where you are….!)

I’m looking for the rubber grommet that goes around the starter to battery cable as it comes through the bottom of the seatbox. I know the hole is 34mm (not sure if that’s standard, but that’s the size in the YRM replacement box I’ve fitted).

But it seems extremely difficult to find a suitably strong grommet for that size of hole, and the parts diagrams aren’t so specific.

Is it 276054?

I know it’s not the most techy of questions, but getting an answer would help me out!

Ta.

Excellent guys! Glad I wasn’t the only one who came up against this problem!

34 minutes ago, mat2495 said:

I seem to remember struggling with this as well, I think my solution was to use these

https://www.autosparks.co.uk/lucas-rubber-grommet-hole-size-1-3-8-bore-size-1-2

1.3/8" is closer to 35mm, but I was pretty happy with the fit if I remember correctly

That’s close enough for me, and at a reasonable price too. Better than £7-£16 each on eBay! By the time I’m finished it will house the 35mm2 starter cable; a heated windscreen loom; and an ‘accessory’ loom that I’m running up to a Raptor centre console, so they’ll help ‘beef up’ the seal in the hole. 👍

20 minutes ago, hurbie said:

not in the manual , found this online

https://www.lrworkshop.com/diagrams/land-rover-defender-body-electrics/cable-clips-ties-grommets/grommets_52846

so it seems you're right with 276054

in my partsmanual they are not listed individuel , only as part of the positive or negative battery kabel

I did find this too, but it didn’t really go into any further detail, or mention that specific location.

But genuine thanks to both. I’ll get some of these ordered and they’ll be here in time for next weekend’s session.