Discovery 2 rear body mounting rubbers?

I will be replacing a rear quarter chassis on a friends Disco 2 shortly;

I Would like to fit new rear body mounting rubbers at the same time, these are the rear most mounts that sit outboard of the main chassis rails just forward of the rear Cross member.

Are these the same as the disco 1 part ANR1504 or is this a different part.

Many thanks, Hippo.

Edited by MR-HIPPO

• MR-HIPPO changed the title to Discovery 2 rear body mounting rubbers?
  • 1 month later...

Update.

Having replaced the chassis section in question, I can partially answer my original question, the rare body mounting rubbers are NOT the same as the Disco 1 part ANR1504 is a completely different shape to the Disco 2 part.

The Disco 2 rubbers are a single conical design that need pressing through the mounting holes in the chassis.

I was able to re-use the original rubbers.

!/4 chassis is probably a little bit of an exaggeration, the new section was the rear cross member and chassis rails up to the front of the fuel tank cross member, it finished just shy of the rear spring seats.

I am not sure who made the new section, but it was constructed of 3 mm steel, had been galvanised and all threaded holes had been tapped ready to use.

The old section was cut off, leaving around 40 mm protruding beyond the front of the fuel tank cross member.

The new section needed to be trimmed a little on the nearside, as there was a suspension linkage attached where the two sections should overlap. There was also a bracket to hold the fuel filter situated right on the join on the offside rail, this had to be removed, and re welded after the new section had been fitted.

If I remember correctly, the new section was test fitted six times before I was happy with it, and then welded on the seventh fit.

I drilled lots of holes into all the sections of new chassis that overlapped the old, and these were plug welded for good measure.

This was for a friend, and I expected the job to be done over 3 days, however I ended up crawling around on the floor under this for the best part of a week! (you know what they say, "a friend in need is a pain in the arse" and all that)