Appologies for the outage

LR90

Nobody HAS to pay anything.

I understand that, but as Turbocharger says, if it were the choice of £5 for a LRO or LRE magazine, with a couple of 'articles' showing just how good orange products are, followed by page after page after page of adverts for shiny 5hite, or £5 to help with the upkeep of this website, I know which one I would go for every time.

I don't post on here that often, but log on a couple of times every day to have a look at what is going on. When I have a problem that I just have no idea how to fix, I can ask a question. Bargain - should be more expensive, I reckon :D

One more thing - just a word of thanks to all of those who keep this website going on our behalf - thank you.

That had already been spotted - there are actually quite a lot around the 1Mb mark, which doesn't sound a lot, but when you've got a lot of them it rapidly adds up...

We need to do something to restrict the size of uploads, but it's actually the amount of storage space they're taking up rather than bandwidth that is causing us concern - mainly because we'll run out of ability to upgrade our way out of trouble sooner.

Let me reinforce that point....

If you are one of the (fair number of) lazy buggers that can't be bothered to learn how to resize pictures ever (and you know who you are) then please take 5 minutes to figure it out because it isn't that complicated and would be a great help :)

Many images are perfectly fine at 640x480 and few need to be bigger than 800x600 which when I resize them usually come out at about 50-100k.

Posting big pictures isn't a problem if hosted off site in something like www.photobucket.com - this is free and only slightly more work to upload and link to them.

But for uploading images to the forum, the Microsoft XP Powertoy Image Resizer is your friend