Indicator issues

I have a defender 90 2011, the near side front indicator does not work. 

All other indicators work and due to the front n/s not working, all other nearside indicators flash faster than usual which is what i expect.

I have replaced the bulb, the indicator unit and I am still getting no light. I have checked the voltage across the wires and the multi meter indicates maximum 0.5V. 

I thought about replacing the relay but if the other lights are flashing then surely there isnt a fault with the relay? is this true?

Next thought is to check the ground but I'm unsure where to locate this.

Can someone give some advise on this issue before i take it to the garage

Thanks

The earths for the side repeater and the front n/s are connected together and to those of the o/s before going to the earth point. So as the other indicators are working it is unlikely to be a problem at that earth point or with the flasher unit. It sounds like a broken wire, or possibly more likely corrosion on the pins of the plug. With your indicators off, disconnect the plug from the indicator and with the meter check that one of the pins (from the black wire) has continuity to earth(ie some metal part like the engine). Then try n/s indicators on and see if the other pin has a pulsating 12v (from the green/red wire) to earth. The side repeater is connected to the same joints so as that works it has to be a fault between that joint and the bulb, or the bulb and the earth joint. You could also try swapping n/s and o/s indicators to see if the fault moves.

If it is a pin corrosion problem the pins can be got out quite easily, there is a youtube video howto. I have had this happen but at the rear.

As it's a puma, the earths are not on the inner wing.  The indicator shares an earth wire with the headlight and sidelight and it is fed back through the loom where it earths on a lug on the bulkhead.  The most likely cause is a poor connection, carefully inspect the connector to the bulb holder, it's common for the pins on the bulb holder to rust quite badly and although you say you've replaced the bulb holder, the wiring connector side could still be dirty.  It can help to bend the pins very slightly in the bulb holder to make better contact.  After that, i would look at the large grey multi connector at the bulkhead end of the wing, they're mounted right next to the drip rail on the bulkhead and can end up with some green corroded connections.