TD5 1999 year

I have watched, for some time, a T-reg 90 hardtop, parked on an exposed track near me. It hasn’t moved for a couple of years.

Now I am finally able to make an offer. Is there any reason why I should be wary of the 10P engine that I presume it has? I have read about dowels and oil pump sprocket.

I don’t want a project but I don’t want to watch it decay further. 

Question is does it run? There are the other usual td5 minor irritations like injector harness, injector seals, fuel pressure reg etc.  But if not, LS3 time? Its bound to need a chassis and bulkhead, but easy for a man of your calibre! I mean, its a '99 parked in a field for 2 years. Definitely a project 

Edited by fmmv

I have made an offer that assumes everything needs replacing. I don’t know what the reaction will be. Also I haven’t told Mrs Peaklander’s as I don’t want to spoil the holiday.

I have been asking them about it for a couple of years so who knows; I might get lucky. 

Edit: I needed to google LS3 @fmmv  I definitely can’t organise myself around doing that. 😫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peaklander said:

. Also I haven’t told Mrs Peaklander’s as I don’t want to spoil the holiday.

So, you're probably going to need to do some serious marriage remediation...good luck with it and your offer. To quote Rear Admiral Grace Hopper "It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness Than It Is To Get Permission"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, steve200TDi said:

Another feature is that the fuel rail runs inside the cylinder head rather than through an external pipe on the 15P. 

What’s the implication of this? It sounds as though access needs head off or new head. What is it that fails or needs attention?

4 hours ago, Peaklander said:

What’s the implication of this? It sounds as though access needs head off or new head. What is it that fails or needs attention?

So it's a drilling in the cylinder head to feed the injectors.

I've found a picture to compare the two.

3gBTd5FuelDelmxj~0.JPG

They both have fuel lines going through the head, but it's just the return line that is external on the later engine.

Steve