90 v8 3.5 - breather question…

Slowly trying to learn and understand the engine in my new v8 to ensure it’s setup properly as am finding a few strange things and I’m not sure if they’re correct or not!

So maybe a dumb question but I’m struggling to find details around what I assume are breather pipes? 

Picture below shows the two pipes coming from each rocker cover and connected with a T piece. Is this correct and how it should be?

Many thanks!!

IMG_0304.thumb.jpeg.75765d3b8eda9953090c0946b7878058.jpeg

Edited by Mediamab

Breathers have been done various ways over there years so it's hard to get a definitive answer, I think with that sort of setup you'd usually have flame traps on the breathers.

Not sure about the carbed versions - yours is not an original carb setup so all bets are off. The EFI ones have a little filter open to the air on one side with a pinhole aperture, then the other side goes through a flame trap into the plenum.

Yeah I think that’s why I’m struggling to work out if it’s meant to be attached to anything or not. I read about flame traps so wasn’t sure if one is meant to be where that T section is. It’s looks clean and relatively new though…?

(only had truck a few weeks so still learning about it all and trying to workout a bunch of connections and why there and not there ha)

Find the large port that enters the throttle body above the throttle blades and connect it a pipe there. 

Connect it to one of the rocker covers. 

On the other rocker cover fit a small filter. 

Then the engine only breathes the ending fumes when you have the throttle open (so not at idle).

Run it like that for a while and see how it goes, it should be fine, and prevent too much oil build up in intake. 

10 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Find the large port that enters the throttle body above the throttle blades and connect it a pipe there. 

Connect it to one of the rocker covers. 

On the other rocker cover fit a small filter. 

Then the engine only breathes the ending fumes when you have the throttle open (so not at idle).

Run it like that for a while and see how it goes, it should be fine, and prevent too much oil build up in intake. 

Ah I see so the fact the 2 rocker covers are attached directly like they are now with that T piece isn’t right then?

and so it doesn’t matter which rocker cover I connect the pipe to above the throttle body?

filter on the other, is that like one of those small mushroom filters?

many thanks!!