I had an idea

Francis

I had an idea. Well as my LR sits idle at the moment, the battery has died on me. So. How about this.

I am thinking of fitting a switch on the side of the passenger seat box, that I can flip off and on to isolate the battery when I park. That way I won't drain it with whatever is doing that, and it also acts as a very confusing immobiliser for would be car thieves!

I had an idea. Well as my LR sits idle at the moment, the battery has died on me. So. How about this.

I am thinking of fitting a switch on the side of the passenger seat box, that I can flip off and on to isolate the battery when I park. That way I won't drain it with whatever is doing that, and it also acts as a very confusing immobiliser for would be car thieves!

Had this on my winch challenge 90. manly because i used to leave it for a month at a time and then when i would go out to it the battery would be flat.

Best advice i could give you is to connect it to the negative cables as there is alot less things attc to this cable compaired to the positve cable. Also but a good quality switch. Don't get a cheap halfords one as they will break and you will be buggered if it breaks while you are out. I got a Hella metal one that are really strong and worked well.

As an alternative, treat the problem and not the symptom. With the car keys on top of the dash and NOT in the ignition and with everything turned off, remove the battery lead (either one) and connect an ammeter (digital volt meter set to Amps) between the lead and the battery terminal. Now, while looking at the meter, remove the fuses one at a time from the fuse box and replace them. When you remove one and the current flow stops, you have found the source of the "leak".

Chris