More seat space leg room.

I have a truck cab and my hips have decided being squashed up is no longer for them. 
Step 1 bucket seats to rx8 seats is done

but that’s not enough so 

I’m going to move my megasquirt from behind the seat get another 3cm 

then off with the truck cab roof to some sort of softy thing. I have a bikini top although that may have shrunk (make your own jokes up on that one).

then if that’s still not enough it will be the bulkhead to go.

I was thinking whole thing out  and put a bar in but looking at it you don’t seem to get more seat room than the bulkhead reduction kit.

is it about the same seat space between them and any suggestions about either one please?

Someone (MUD possibly?) used to make seat risers which stepped backwards a bit which were good if you didn't have a bulkhead.

For me, headroom is even more constrained than legroom, so raising the seat at all was not an option.

It is still possible to move the seat back a bit more without a bulkhead.  There's a folded lip on the seatbox where it joins to the rear tub.  By cutting a couple of notches in this & fabricating the odd bracket, the bottom seat rails can be moved back however much you require without the risers.

In the past, a few people made extended / king cabs (Mark90 IIRC amongst others).  They feel like a good option for some more space behind the seats.

• Like 1