1987 military 110 fuel filler neck and cap advice

So my truck is an ex Singapore army job and has the old 3 lug type cap with the padlock hasp, and that's with the additional 50 litre tank under the drivers seat. I want to replace with the standard lockable 2 lug caps that lock with a key. I've trawled through the forum and am now more confused than when I started.

From my usual starting point, the extraordinarily useful retroanaconda 110 parts book I find on page 526, caps RTC4740/STC4072 vented and RTC4741 unvented. Assume I need vented but interested in what an unvented one is all about? I'm also hoping to find somebody that can sell me a pair with the same lock/key to cut down the number of keys I need.

Then I'm going to need new 2 lug necks, which I assume are the same for both rear and side, and are listed as NTC2676 which LRWorkshop says is leaded and NTC2690 which the parts book says is unleaded. LRWorkshop has very little info on this one, but there seem to be plenty of the first one about. I assume that's also diesel?

Both of my tanks are original steel units, originally it had a 2.5NA diesel engine, now with a 3.9 V8, if that makes any difference. But you can see why I need two tanks.

I see there are a couple of seals I need too, but I assume there's nothing controversial about those. So is it as simple as that I need 2 caps RTC4740/STC4072 and 2 necks NTC2676? I know the tanks have different diameter neck to tank connections, but don't have the numbers to hand...

Hi Phill,

Mine didn't have a locking cap when I bought it, and some scrote nicked the cap. I got a replacement from Emberton Imperial and simply bought a little padlock for it.

I know it doesn't resolve your wanting fewer keys but it does stop the cap getting nicked. And the cap has a chain that joins into the filler neck stops it getting lost as well...

Well thanks for the info but it's actually a bit more complicated than that. My main tank filler connecting pipe is 73mm dia, I've just got the side tank back in today and that's 57mm. I'm assuming the 2 lug setup is 57mm, but I'm guessing. I'll find out next week when they turn up. The point being that either rear or side is a problem to be solved. The military filler necks are also 73mm so I was just able to put some flexible stuff on the back for the MoT. So something's got to be cobbled together either for rear or side tank. Aiming to go to Turkey close to the Syrian border next year, so very much want to de-militarise the whole vehicle - another minor factor.

So on balance I think I'm going to go for the RTC4740/STC4072 caps and NTC2676 necks and then look to find a way to expand from the 57mm neck to the 73mm tank at the rear. That won't be a problem will it...

Yep, I get the challenge. And the urge to de-militarise as far as possible...

There are far brighter folk than me on here, but I'll have a think as well and see what I can come up with.

Great - that's the sort of thing I'm looking for, thanks. I believe silicone is impervious to E10?

Just to clarify what I'm looking at, rear and side:

image.thumb.jpeg.d3f992ab9da1c0cf213566e01d49ce9a.jpeg

Anybody know what those weird round lumps are? Rear one seems to be welded in and I can't work out the side tank one. Seems to be attached to the painted over plate that probably used to say diesel. However that one is attached it prevents the plate coming off. I'll take another look at that today. Anyway, they're not pretty and would like to get rid of them...