Disco 1 Climate control AC stuck on heating!!

PMike

Hello all, 

I've tried the search engine but no luck...

My Disco 1 1994 300tdi climate control is stuck on heating, not quite sure if there is a way to solve this issue without removing the dashboard or bypassing matrix heater, 

I can probably survive without the heating do to the location but with the heating on is a bit too much sometimes.

Thanks in advance 

Edited by PMike

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2024 at 2:53 PM, PMike said:

Hello all, 

I've tried the search engine but no luck...

My Disco 1 1994 300tdi climate control is stuck on heating, not quite sure if there is a way to solve this issue without removing the dashboard or bypassing matrix heater, 

I can probably survive without the heating do to the location but with the heating on is a bit too much sometimes.

Thanks in advance 

Ok, a disco 1 doesn’t have climate control, although it may have air conditioning, what ever engine is fitted.

So does the heater blow hot and cold as selected without the A/C being switched on?

If not then it possible the damper sticking. So with A/C you have both the left & right temp control turned to zero in the blue area and the A/C master switched on and illuminated, plus the fan speed leaver selecting a fan speed, but the outlet is blowing hot both sides although the A/C compressor is engage okay, it would suggest that the the air flow dampers are not moving from the matrix  which is always hot side, to the cool air side.

Damper control can get stuck but strange that both side are similar.

A bit late now sorry.