Rear twin damper mounts....

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I'm after some pictures of twin damper mounts on rear axles if anyones got some?

it's to go on a salisbury 110 axle, i've seen the "chassis" end pictures (just a second top mount welded/bolted to the rear of the spring mount) but i was wondering how the lower end is done....

...is it just a second standard axle mount welded on the "back" of the axle? (obviously swapping left hand to right hand so that they aim in the right direction?)

I've got an old axle with decent mounts on, that i can chop off, clean up and glue onto my new axle, i was just after some piccies so i can see how/where they're located.

ta muchly folks!! :D

Jim

I had gigglepin fit twin axle mounts to my 110. They are the same as standard mounts. The top uses the current holes in the chassis that are to the rear of the spring. The bottom looks the standard one but as you say swopped over.This gives you V arrangement of the shocks to the axle. The majority of Safari operators 110's and 130's we saw in Kenya and Tanzania used this arrangement.

After trashing my back axle on my trip across Africa, had to replace it. Had my local Garage in Weston replace the twin set up with the kit that Bearmack do. From memory about £60. Looks like standard rear shock mounts top and bottom.

ive seen a disco done by cutting & welding some plate on the front of the original axle mount so the pair of shox run side by side. the top was a stock mount welded to the chassis.

you do get a slight reduction in clearance this way though.

Guest diesel_jim
Jim

I had gigglepin fit twin axle mounts to my 110. They are the same as standard mounts. The top uses the current holes in the chassis that are to the rear of the spring. The bottom looks the standard one but as you say swopped over.This gives you V arrangement of the shocks to the axle. The majority of Safari operators 110's and 130's we saw in Kenya and Tanzania used this arrangement.

just what i was hoping. any chance of a picture? (i just want to see the exact positioning for the lower mount, e.g. when viewed from the back, are the bottoms of both shocks "in line")... this would tell me if i've got to chop around the mounts that i've got.

Ta muchly for all the replies though! :D

Hope these photo's help. My first time at adding photo's so hope it works

I still have the anti roll bar attached and have had no problem with it fouling on the shocks. Baldric who we travelled with did not run this set up and went through two sets of shocks from Wadi Halfa to Khartoum. He replaced his oil shocks with Monroe gas shocks in Khartoum and then did not have a problem. I only had to replace one shock that a rock took a bite out of. It does make the ride far more comfortable on dirt roads.

post-205-1171997796_thumb.jpg

post-205-1171997867_thumb.jpg