Yet another prob

nige90

Having rebored etc the engine and put it back in with a new

clutch for the last week and apart from w weeping crank seal I've been chuffed with

the old beast.

Until this afternoon. Finished work for the day, started the Landy and backed up to the

trailer. Hitched up and went to go home.

Turned the key and......click. Hmm, try again....click....click....clickclickclickclickclick.

Oh dear I thought, how frightfully inconvenient.

Click, click.

Opens bonnet and gave the starter a smack ( no easy task on a 200Tdi ).

Click......click.

Next I see a wisp of smoke from the dash.

Bo*!^@ks.

Due to the position had to unhitch the trailer and push the sod round and bump start it.

On the way home I find the indicators no longer work with the lights on.

WHY DID I BUY A LAND ROVER ?????????????????????????????????

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Apart from being a tad irked by this I'm also puzzled as to why the solenoid clicks and

could be felt clicking when touched as the key turned yet enough load was on the loom

to fry something with key turns of a second or so.

After the rebuild I cranked the thing over for a good while to get oil pressure up before

reconnecting the fuel cutoff and allowing it to fire.

So looks like another Sunday with the bloody thing in bits.

Oh dear I thought, how frightfully inconvenient.

Next I see a wisp of smoke from the dash.

Bo*!^@ks.

Due to the position had to unhitch the trailer and push the sod round and bump start it.

At least you could get it running ... my V8 RR got to work but decided to stop dead in the middle of a main Norwich street at rush hour that evening. Pouring with rain, dark and loom burning under the bonnet when the ignition was on. Insurance company had changed my recovery company without telling me so I was towed home by a mad bloke and had no lights, wipers, demister, pas or brake servo. My seat had developed an interesting crease in it 10 miles later!

AndyG