Td5 instrument panel.... fitting & wiring

Guest deleted

Update on the warning light module - we've got the lights working on the bench, hoping to install this weekend assuming I don't work Friday night overtime :)

I'm going to try the TD5 temp gauge as well, I've been told it runs from the ecu but I'm sure it's only doubled to the ecu for monitoring purposes, since the connections on the back are pretty standard live, earth and ground.

Anyone had any luck with a fuel gauge yet ? I'm told the damping mechanism for it is in the speedo, has anyone worked out the connections yet ?

And does anyone have a spare TD5 fuel gauge to sell ?

Mo

can i ask from where you got the your speedo,

been checking ebay every so often, but not found anything.could do withthe whole pod as mine is crumbling away to nothing and rattling.

regarding the fuel gauge, red 90 reports on his page http://members.shaw.ca/red90/90.html that the vdo gauge 301-105, 52mm, 240 to 33 Ohm range works with the landie sender.

it should be a good match. proabably also worth getting a vdo temp gauge at the same time so you know what actual temp you are getting. www.egauges.com seems to be the place, but you pay more for metric gauges with pictures rather than words.

when i next have the dash apart i'll get those pictures of the indicator stalks for you western. the speedo pod thing is now very fragile so i'm trying to minimise the number of times i have it apart. sorry for the delay.

callum.

I got one of mine from ebay (brand new with zero milage !) and my spare from a fellow forum member along with the binnacle and the temp gauge.

bear in mind that if you use the td5 binnacle you'll need to get the warning lights working as the earlier warning light pod won't fit :(

Ralph got his speedo a couple of weeks ago from ebay, I suppose you just need to be patient.

Mo

Guest diesel_jim

I MUST get my backside into gear and get that warning light panel working!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm about to embark on a project110, so want it all working for that anyway.... more expense! :lol:

Guest diesel_jim

I had a spare hour or 2 at work esta tardes, so i cleared the workbench and started doing some more on the dash bit.

no photo's yet, but i've discoverd that if you happen to get a complete Td5 dash loom (the bit that plugs into the back of the guages) then you get a nice handy 2 wires for the fuel guage (which is damped by the 'lectronics in the speedo head) and one wire for the temp guage (which if you short to earth, the guage goes up... so in theory though be just fine connected to a Tdi temp sender unit... as long as the calibration is OK)

It's only 3 wires for the speedo transducer, i should have it all written up in my bestest handwriting tomorrow and on here. B)