what length winch wire?

jameslwt

Right, Finally finished fitting h14 pto winch yesterday, and had a play winching truck across grassy area in front of house (much to neighbours amusement!)

Anyway, I unwound all the cable that came on it (2nd hand winch) and there is an awful lot of it - so much that it really is too much for the drum. So the question is, what is a sensible length for the wire? There is clearly damage about half way along the wire - is it ok (if long enough) to have some one cut it and refit the hard eye/hook to shortened piece? I will be looking at replacing it soonish but not immediately unless I really have to. I think its 11 or 12mm cable - massive! The rest of the cable looked good (ie the length nearest the drum - I don't think it ever got unwound that much before!)

Also, does anyone have the adaptor that is used to set the torque overload on an h14, that I may borrow at all to make sure it's set up ok?

And finally....... I am looking for the red cover that goes on the back of the pto unit, if anyone knows of one going?

At least it works! :D

Thanks

James

James,

we use H14's at work, and use either 30 or 45meter ropes depends on your use of the winch. 45 fits comfortably. I will see if we have any adapters at work but I doubt it as all ours go to fleet maintenance for checking. I'll be in touch if I find one.

Matt

James,

we use H14's at work, and use either 30 or 45meter ropes depends on your use of the winch. 45 fits comfortably. I will see if we have any adapters at work but I doubt it as all ours go to fleet maintenance for checking. I'll be in touch if I find one.

Matt

Thanks Matt