O/T Help Required

I have a 2gb SD card which is used for recording video from a camera on the front of my RR.

Its worked fine for months, and it as been used a lot for recording this last weekend.

I cant get any pc, laptop or other media reader to recognise it.

My laptop doesnt see it at all, my mp4 player knows that it has a SD card in, but cant find files (I assume it has some switch to see it).

The last thing I want to do is re-format as it has some great vids on (including the RR showing off the megasquirt wading over its engine).

The only thing I can think that might have happened is that it is completely full, but I would have expected the older files to be overwritten for new?

Any ideas?

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my digital camera. I found that the twain program was not working correctly. The way to check the card would be, can you see the film directly on the camera replay? If so the first method that I woud try is to borrow a card reader from a friend and try that. Save the data directly on the hard disc of the computer. The older files would not have been written over unles the same name was used for saving the data.

I hope that this is of some help

David

As has been said try putting it back into the camera. if it reads in that then connect that to a pc and download. If not then chances are its got damaged or corrupted in which case reformat or throw away if that doesn't work

As has been said try putting it back into the camera. if it reads in that then connect that to a pc and download. If not then chances are its got damaged or corrupted in which case reformat or throw away if that doesn't work

Bugger, one damaged card with some brilliant footage :angry: