Defender Parts Catalogue

Aplogies first for starting this new thread but I cannot find a downloadable parts catalogue for a 300TDi Defender on here anywhere, the only ones I could find have broken links. I am looking for the original lr catalague that includes the exploded parts illustrations.

Thanks in advance (I already have the workshop manual if anyone wants that e-mailing)

Rich

Which parts are you looking for?

Nothing inparticular I just like the parts catalogues as they have the exploded views (and part numbers) of how everything fits together. The Workshop manuals do not always illustrate the different parts.

Cheers

Guest diesel_jim

Go to the link above, then scroll down to the bottom of the page to here:

post-130-1176380004_thumb.jpg

You'll then need to download the .nrg file, and using something like Roxio Easy CD creator, convert it into a usable format,

you can then install it on your PC. it has more detailed exploded pictures than you could shake a wheel-bearing-grease covered broken half shaft at. :D

You'll then need to download the .nrg file, and using something like Roxio Easy CD creator, convert it into a usable format,

you can then install it on your PC. it has more detailed exploded pictures than you could shake a wheel-bearing-grease covered broken half shaft at. :D

thanks for that, muppet mode was engaged on the download i.e the wrong one although the first one is very useful

Yep, sorry should have said the Microcat is the one for part nos, not Rave.

Its not that easy to use but it does give you stuff eg I downloaded it so I could work out which nuts to replace the door hinges with stainless affairs.

Guest diesel_jim

The file "above" it is worthwhile.... it's the user manual for the software, gives you all the shortcuts and stuff.

printed out, it's about 1/2 as thick as a phone book! :blink::blink:

• 1 year later...

Manged to download it, burn the ISO image and install on my PC but when I try and start the programme it says "cannot find an authorised Microcat dongle". Did you have this problem. The website says it includes a crack to allow access?

Simon

Manged to download it, burn the ISO image and install on my PC but when I try and start the programme it says "cannot find an authorised Microcat dongle". Did you have this problem. The website says it includes a crack to allow access?

Simon

browse the image you have burnt to cd, and youll see crack instructions

• 1 month later...
Guest diesel_jim
Have downloaded the 40mb, have a huge file on my pc and copied it to CD.

What next?

Do I need another programme to run this ?

Which file did you download? the .nrg one?

IIRC the disc image of microcat is several hundred mb.

either way, if it's a disc image, then you need a "disc image reading program", easily downloadable of the web, or if you've got roxio easy CD creator, it's on there as well.

you can then create a disc from them image file.

Which file did you download? the .nrg one?

IIRC the disc image of microcat is several hundred mb.

either way, if it's a disc image, then you need a "disc image reading program", easily downloadable of the web, or if you've got roxio easy CD creator, it's on there as well.

you can then create a disc from them image file.

Sorry, 640mb.

I burnt it to CD using nero but still appears as nrg file.

Is this correct ?

Thought i shoud have a load of files now ?

Guest diesel_jim
Sorry, 640mb.

I burnt it to CD using nero but still appears as nrg file.

Is this correct ?

Thought i shoud have a load of files now ?

yeah, an .nrg image file should "unzip" (sort of thing) and become a proper grown up CD when opened with something like roxio. i'm sure nero does the same as well?

Also don't forget microlaunch utility to save altering the date each time you want to run microdat.

I know Steve A was having a spot of bother hosting the file at one time. I have it on my server if you need an alternate link to it.

Also don't forget microlaunch utility to save altering the date each time you want to run microdat.

I know Steve A was having a spot of bother hosting the file at one time. I have it on my server if you need an alternate link to it.

Sorted, thanks for the help.

Just another question, what' microlaunch ?

I'm changing date at moment.

Just another question, what' microlaunch ?

I'm changing date at moment.

It's a little utility that starts Microcat, it sets the date, starts the software and then puts your date back correctly.

Saves altering the date manually each time.