What I did today

Les Brock

So back from hols and what do I do get stuck in with the truck :blink:

DSC00139_resize.jpg

Right here we go, remove handbrake/disk, remove cover and bearing support, watch for the drips..

DSC00140_resize.jpg

DSC00142_resize.jpg

DSC00143_resize.jpg

DSC00144_resize.jpg

Here's a few of the selector set up I'm using (courtesy of Filthyboy !) which IIRC is a Disco 3 selector but I'm not sure

DSC00145_resize.jpg

DSC00146_resize.jpg

DSC00147_resize.jpg

DSC00148_resize.jpg

DSC00149_resize.jpg

DSC00150_resize.jpg

DSC00151_resize.jpg

DSC00153_resize.jpg

DSC00154_resize.jpg

DSC00155_resize.jpg

DSC00157_resize.jpg

DSC00158_resize.jpg

DSC00159_resize.jpg

and finished!

Fitting instructions are in the Tony's post in the Tech Archive

Mine didn't go as per fitting instructions¦.well it did until I came to put the rear carrier in and I didn't have enough space,

I had to assemble it roughly including the input gear, get it all into place, then take it apart and put it back together properly

excellent bit of kit that Les, you will certainly be pleased with it, so you coming to marshall then on the 5th May (Bampton).... might as well get completely back into it!

You ever find that bike fork pump?

Les, nice job.

FYI the gator that sits at the base of the LT230 hi-low selector is a pretty good fit for the DII selector like you've got (3 of the holes line up one's slightly off). I use one to stip muck getting into the selector for my underdrive and have just made up an ally plate which is bonded to the gator that then picks up on the mounting holes. Bad description, I know, but I'll get you a part no later.

Les, nice job.

FYI the gator that sits at the base of the LT230 hi-low selector is a pretty good fit for the DII selector like you've got (3 of the holes line up one's slightly off). I use one to stip muck getting into the selector for my underdrive and have just made up an ally plate which is bonded to the gator that then picks up on the mounting holes. Bad description, I know, but I'll get you a part no later.

Part no. FRC 6872 only available from LR AFAIK