Hi-lift jack repair

dred90

My Jackall hi-lift is currently playing up - seems to go up fine but doesnt like coming down - is there anywhere you can send them to get them fixed or is it a case of buying the maintenance kit from paddocks and fixing it yourself?

cheers

Ed B

It may just need a good clean - I had to sort my Jackall out when it was brand new, took the pins out, cleaned them up on a wire brush on the bench grinder (they were painted and the paint kept jamming the pins), a spray of WD40 and reassemble and it works perfectly. It usually needs doing about once a year, I clean it with degreaser and hose it off then let it dry and lubricate the important bits with WD40.

I'm sure somebody would relieve you of money to do the job but it would probably cost nigh on as much as a new jack so it is probably better to do it yourself :)